Back to where it all began…
Myself at 16. Yes I did wear a crown. (My sweet-16 tv shows were popular around that time so I wanted one)
At 16 I was a sophomore going into my junior year of high school. It was a good summer as far as I can remember. I had my set group of friends and was so excited to become a junior. I was also starting to look into colleges. I was ambitious.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
1. Don’t be so serious about boys!! They just ended up all being major crushes and turning into nothing for the next 6 years. Boys will come and go but your family and friends will always be there for you
2. Your freshman year of college would be the most amazing year of your life . You discovered a lot about yourself that year and who you wanted to become. You meet a lot of friends that will be some of your great and best of friends
3. You made a great decision on college, if only you knew about an even more amazing scholarship that you would end up promoting a year later after you got there. College will give you a lot of opportunities to travel and go to places that are all new
4. You would never grown any taller than you are at this age. No matter how much your dad kept saying you would 🙂
5. You would fulfill one of your biggest dreams, which was to travel to Europe. And celebrate your 21st birthday in Venice, Italy!! 🙂
6. You would be getting a tattoo in a year and then another, 2 years later. Yes it’s true they are addicting! So be prepared for that. And funny thing they don’t hurt!
7. Opportunities will come your way throughout college and you will make the best of them. You worked your butt off and good things come to you. God was/is always watching over you
8. You might think your headed home after college but something good comes along and sets you on a different path. Someone comes into your life that makes you think twice about guys. And throws you for a spin. He is your rock.
9. Don’t sweat the small things, aka refer yourself back to your 3 fears list. You will be fine. Go with the flow of things, life turns out to be a lot more exciting when you do
10. You actually cut back on Dr. Pepper! (gasp) I know!! I know!! It was a hard thing to break, because you did drink a lot while you were working in college. You do break every once and awhile though, (its a hard thing to give up, those 23 flavors!!)
I could list a lot more, but ya know, 16 was 6 years ago, and so much will happen to me in the next 4 probably too. So I can’t wait to come back to this list and add to it. My 16 year old self, you were pretty awesome back then, you got to do a lot more than your older sister which was awesome to you, and you were very active in your sports too. That was your life. Junior year seriously was amazing for basketball. I can say you have accomplished a lot in the last 6 years because you graduated high school and you graduated college. Something you always wanted to do.